- 1 ½ cups (375mL) Black River - Maple Cheddar with Cracked Pepper Cheese Log
- 2 cups (200g) Black River - Gouda
- ¼ cup (50mL) rhubarb and strawberry compote
- ⅓ cup (80mL) rainbow radishes, sliced
- ½ cup (125mL) cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup (250mL) asparagus, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups (150g) smoked salmon
- ¼ cup (50mL) herbed crème fraiche
- 1 cup (250mL) white wine spritz
- 1 cup (250mL) Tom Collins
Lighter, softer cheeses are key here. Our Black River Maple Cheddar with cracked Black Pepper and Black River Gouda are perfect.
- Pre slice your cheeses and pile them together. Place a small dish of rhubarb and strawberry compote next to the gouda.
- Next, choose fresh fruits or vegetables to help lighten up the platter; such as sliced rainbow radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, and carrots.
- Place vegetables together creating a bright colourful bundle. A few lightly pickled items are a great garnish that won’t over power your cheese board.
- Replace stronger flavoured cured meats with smoked fish (maybe paired with a herbed crème fraiche?). Keep the fish from touching the cheese so that the flavours do not compete.
- Pour your guests a white wine spritz or a Tom Collins for beverage with the right, bright finish to compliment the delicate flavours on offer.