- 1 cup (150g) Black River - 1 Year Aged Cheddar
- 1 cup (150g) Black River - Maple Cheddar
- 10-15 madeleines and oat crackers
- 1 (75g) nut chocolate bar
- ¼ cup (60mL) dried apricots, dipped in chocolate
- ½ cup (125mL) macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup (60mL) ice wine jelly
- ¼ cup (60mL) maple syrup
- ½ cup (125mL) blueberries
- ½ cup (125mL) raspberries
- ½ cup (125mL) red wine
- 1 cup (250mL) white wine
- ½ cup (125mL) champagne
- 1 cup (250mL) fruity cocktail
- Slice or shave the cheeses, and arrange them close together.
- Madeleines and oat crackers are a nice semi-sweet choice. Stack them near your cheese.
- Garnish with small sweet items like a nut chocolate bar, dried apricots dipped in chocolate, macadamia nuts (for a crunch). Place these items together on the other side of the board.
- Place small dishes like ice wine jelly and maple syrup in the open spaces on the board. Drizzle maple syrup over your cheese for an extra sweet touch. Blueberries and raspberries make delicious accents.
- Pair your board with a lighter red or white wine (think Pinot Noir or Pinot Grigio). Champagne or a fruity cocktail are also compliments to your dessert platter.