- 1 cup (250mL) Black River - Garlic & Pepper Cheddar, ¼ inch diced
- 2 cups (500mL) Bosc pear, ¼ inch dice
- ¼ cup (60mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5mL) champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp (5mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15mL) tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp (15mL) garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2mL) black pepper
- 1 tsp (5mL) sea salt
- 12 (100g) pancetta rounds
- ½ cup (125mL) pomegranate seeds
- 40 endive leaves, washed and dried
- In a medium size bowl whisk olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, tarragon. parsley, shallots, garlic and salt and pepper together. Stir in diced pears. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay pancetta out onto tray. Bake for 15 -20 minutes until crisp. Transfer to a piece of paper towel to cool and drain from oil. Crumble into smaller pieces for serving.
- Place endive leaves onto a serving platter. Spoon 1.5 tsp (7.5 mL) of pear salad into each endive leaf. Top each with 1 tsp. (5 mL) of cheese. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and crumbled pancetta.