- 1 cup (250mL) Black River - Cheddar with Honey, shaved
- 8 slices artisanal sourdough bread, ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup (250mL) cantaloupe, 2-inch ribbons
- 1 cup (250mL) honey dew melon, 2-inch ribbons
- 1 cup (250mL) cucumber, 2-inch
- ¼ cup (60mL) mint leaves, torn plus leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup (60mL) basil leaves, torn plus leaves for garnish
- ½ cup (125mL) watercress sprigs
- 2 tbsp (30mL) champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15mL) honey
- Place cast iron grill pan over high heat, working in batches, grill bread for 2 minutes each side. Cut bread slice in half and transfer to a serving platter or board.
- In a medium size bowl gently toss together, melon ribbons, cucumber ribbons, torn mint and torn basil.
- Divide melon salad on top of each bread slice. Top with a few pieces of shaved cheese. Garnish with watercress, mint and basil leaves.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil and honey. Drizzle over toasts.