- 3 ¼ cups (230g) Black River - 2 Year Aged Cheddar, grated
- 1 ½ cups (375mL) strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- ½ cup (125mL) mixed cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) basil, finely chopped plus extra leaves for garnish
- 2 tsp (10mL) mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) onion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp (1mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1mL) pepper
- 2 tsp (10mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15mL) white balsamic vinegar
- In a medium size bowl, stir together strawberries, tomatoes, basil, mint, onion, honey, balsamic, salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place 12 rounds of cheese, 2 tbsp. (30 mL) high onto prepared baking tray. Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow melted cheese to rest 2 minutes before handling. Once cooled enough to the touch, artfully arrange cheese into a muffin cup. Cheese cup will fully set in 5 minutes. Repeat steps with remaining grated cheese.
- Arrange cups on a serving platter. Fill with strawberry salsa and garnish with basil leaves.