- 1 cup (250mL) Black River - Garlic & Pepper Cheddar, grated, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp (30mL) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (15mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125mL) heavy cream
- ½ cup (125mL) milk
- ¼ cup (60mL) white wine
- 6 cups (700g) cauliflower florets, bite size
- 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10mL) fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp (30mL) pine nuts
- ½ tsp (2mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30mL) parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour, cook for 1 minute until light golden. Whisk in cream, milk, wine and cheese, cook whisking for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Whisk occasionally.
- In a large mixing bowl stir cauliflower florets, olive oil, fennel seeds, pine nuts, salt and pepper until fully coated. Spread mixture onto prepared baking tray. Roast for 25 minutes. Turn cauliflower and roast for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer roasted cauliflower to a serving platter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with warm béchamel.