- Heat oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat. Add onions, carrots, fennel, garlic and fennel seeds and cook until onions and carrots are slightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta sauce and red pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cheeses in a bowl. Stir in basil. Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 3 qt. baking dish. Line bottom of dish with a single layer of lasagna noodles.
- Spread with 1/3 of the sauce. Cover with 1/2 of the crumbled meatloaf, then top with 1/4 of the cheese and basil mixture. Repeat layering 2 more times, alternating directions of noodles each time. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake 5 minutes more or until lasagna is cooked through and top is bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before serving.