- Cook manicotti as directed on package.
- Drain, rinse in cool water and set aside. Cook onion, garlic, and green pepper in 4 tbsp of olive oil until tender.
- Add ham and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup of grated Black River Parmesan Cheese.
- In a separate heavy saucepan, heat 6 tbsp of butter until foamy. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens. Stir in Black River Brick Cheese. Mix 1/4 of cheese with ham mixture.
- Fill manicotti shells with ham mixture. Spread about 1/2 cup cheese sauce in a greased 13″ x 9″ glass baking dish and arrange filled shells over sauce. Pour remaining cheese sauce over filled manicotti.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup Black River Parmesan Cheese on top and bake at 350 F for 40 to 50 minutes. Serve with a green leaf salad on the side.