- In skillet set over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, hot pepper flakes and pepper; stir for 3 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, pasta sauce and sugar; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Spread half of sauce in bottom of 9” x 13” glass baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta shells for about 12 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain well. Rinse under cold running water to cool. Drain again.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In bowl, mix together cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Mozzarella, ¼ cup (50 mL) Parmesan, egg, crabmeat, onions, parsley and pepper. Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling into each pasta shell. Arrange shells in single layer on top of pasta sauce. Drizzle remaining sauce over shells, then sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, in centre of oven for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and filling is warmed through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.