- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a mixing bowl, stir together salt, flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine milk, beaten egg and melted butter. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in Old Cheddar and toasted walnut pieces. Turn butter into buttered 9″x5″x3″ (2L) loaf pan or 3 (2 cup/500mL) mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with Old Cheddar. Cool 10 minutes in pan; turn out and cool completely
- Additional Old Cheddar, to garnish.